DAHER-SOCATA announced the delivery of a new TBM 900 to Jean-Jacques Bely, the founder and CEO of Franco-Asian Enterprises Singapore Pte Ltd (FAE).
Immediately after the owner completes his aircraft type training at Airways Formation in Agen, France, he flies with DAHER-SOCATA's ferry pilot the TBM 900 to Singapore, and then to its home base in Australia.
Bely is an active private pilot, and initially selected the TBM 850 as a step-up from the single-piston aircraft he owned, subsequently acting on DAHER-SOCATA's offer to upgrade to the newest TBM 900 version. His choice of the TBM family was based on its speed and range, and based on his knowledge of the TBM very fast turboprop aircraft through an owner in Singapore.
Also influencing Bely's decision were the maintenance capabilities available in the Asia-Pacific, backed by DAHER-SOCATA's efficient support network in the region.
"The TBM is fast, comfortable and offers an excellent range – which is perfect for my type of operation, of which 40 percent is performed in Southeast Asia and the other 60 percent in Australia," Bely added. "I also was very impressed by the TBM 900's low sound level in the cabin, which allows normal conversation without headsets – as well as its low noise footprint on the ground."
Bely's FAE business is a leading holding company in the sourcing and distribution of fast-moving consumer goods from Asia to Africa, including food and household products, consumer electronics, paper and stationery. Over the past two decades, the company has built a solid and reliable relationship with importers and distributors in more than 30 African and European countries, having logged growth during recent years at an annual average of 35 percent.
"We welcome Mr. and Mrs Bely to the TBM family, and we thank them for being the ambassador of our newest model in the Asia-Pacific region – as Mr Bely is a long-range professional traveler," stated Nicolas Chabbert, Senior Vice President of the DAHER-SOCATA Airplane Business Unit. "With its superior performance in terms of range and efficiency, we expect the TBM 900 will contribute to increase our very fast turboprop market penetration in Southeast Asia and in Australia."
About the TBM aircraft family – www.tbm.aero
DAHER-SOCATA's TBM family of fast single-engine turboprop aircraft combine cruising speed and trip times of a light jet with the economic direct operating costs, range and moderate environmental signature of a turboprop engine. The maximum range and useful load, as well as the ability to land at small airports, are some of its customers' favorite features. More than 660 TBM aircraft have been produced and delivered to date. Operated in 35 countries, the TBM fleet has logged a combined 1.1 million flight hours.
About DAHER – www.daher.com
DAHER is a tier-1 equipment supplier to high-technology industries. DAHER offers manufacturing and services solutions to the aerospace & defense, nuclear & energy and capital goods sectors. With a robust engineering-based approach, DAHER is able to deliver innovative and differentiating solutions to its industrial customers. Created in 1863, DAHER is an international group, present in 12 countries across the world. In 2013, DAHER generated a turnover of nearly one billion euros, with an order book equivalent to more than three years of turnover.